I've been here how long?!

Nov. 24, 2017

Hey everyone! Oh wow, this has been well, different, Really fun, and really hard. So full disclosure for those of you that didn’t know for about 2 months before I got out here I did not want to come. But I told everyone I would and wanted to make mom proud so I kept working towards it. All the way up to getting off the plane, and getting in the MTC being completely separated from family I did not want to be here. And the first day we all went in to this large room together and sang called to serve and I finally thought, wow. I’m so glad I’m here. I’ve been having a blast, me and my companion I think for the most part get a long well, except I’ve learned he is a really good story teller (and the stories are always different) and he likes to talk down to me (even though he is about 6 in shorter than me) and “be the boss” but for the most part I think I’ve helped him realize he isn’t the boss, but we are a team. And we get along pretty well, I’d say in that skit we did(holly, Saren, and Courtney) he is elder pride, but he’s doing better. 

So to catch you all up, the 3rd day out here I sprained my ankle playing, and you’ll never guess it, basketball! It’s been hurting, they X-rayed and luckily no break but it still hurts and I have to use a brace until next Monday ðŸ˜…. So this Tuesday we had elder Nielsen come and speak to us during a devotional and it was awesome. The lady that wrote “daughters of Zion” and to “bring the world his truth” we sang both for her as the choir(yes I’m in the choir) and it was her first time hearing the latter of those two songs. I love my district we all get a long pretty well except sometimes I feel a little left out of things but they usually help cheer me up. This thanksgiving was amazing, nothing like home made turkey though. So in the morning we had a devotional where my favorite apostle Elder Bednar spoke to us! It was outstanding, but they wouldn’t let us go meet him ðŸ˜©. Anyways after that we went and watched a movie called, Kennedy’s gift or something like that and it brought me to tears a couple times ðŸ˜…. And in the evening more tears came as I went to my first concert ever, in the MTC. It was a band called Nashville tribute band and they were amazing. The choir sung three songs with them and I expect someone to send me a little iPod Shuffle with their music and a bunch of Buble and other appropriate music on it haha. And by expect I mean please someone. Oh and no headphones so a speaker would be nice as well ðŸ‘€. Anyways it was awesome and as we left they turned on all the Christmas lights and I loved it. Oh and all the other elders keep getting care packages ðŸ“¦ filled with sodas and snacks like Reese’s pieces and chips so uh, well do what you will with that info ðŸ˜‰(please send Dr Pepper!) I really miss you all so much and want to hug every one of you. I love each of you and as I got here and all the other elders looked at pictures of family and friends I realized I have none! So send pics please I miss seeing all of you! 

Oh yeah and the reason for my post is because I feel like I’ve barely got here but at the same time as if I know everyone and have lived here for months. It’s crazy. I’ll send pics of what I’ve been doing but I miss you all a lot so please do the same! 

With love, 
           Elder Sommerville 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 29, 2018

First Week in the Field!

20:..... SOOOOOOO.... Interesting News